Pages

Thursday, May 26, 2016

SMOKED SALMON GOATS CHEESE RISOTTO

Another day, another Fay Ripley recipe and more goats cheese! Arabella and I had a lovely weekend with our best friends in West Sussex but then came home to an nearly empty fridge. Arabella wanted bread, cheese and saucisson and so we kind of compromised with this risotto as it included goats cheese!

I have made this several times before and it is super easy and so delicious. Pascal feels "icky" about the goats cheese and smoked salmon idea but I think it goes together like bacon and eggs or strawberries and cream!!

Ingredients for 4 people:

1 large onion, peeled and chopped
1 tbsp olive oil
20g butter
250g risotto rice
800ml chicken stock
finely grated zest of 1 unwaxed lemon
150g soft goats cheese
150g smoked salmon, roughly chopped into strips
10g fresh dill or chives, chopped
A shaving of Parmesan
Black pepper



In a saucepan, fry the onion for 5 minutes until soft, in the oil and butter.


Add the rice and stir for a minute.




Add the stock and lemon zest and bring to the boil. 




Stir once and then pop a lid on and simmer for 15 minutes until the rice is cooked but still has a little bite.



Crumble in the goats cheese and stir until it melts into the rice.




Season with black pepper (I really dont think it needs any salt) and stir through the smoked salmon and dill. Er I forgot to take a picture here - I think I was just so keen to eat at this point!!!

Serve with a shaving of Parmesan and tuck in!



Wow - a big thumbs up from both Arabella and myself - we adored it. Risotto always used to be my favourite dish and it is again now. I rarely have it in a restaurant as it can easily be overcooked and rubbish, however this certainly wasnt the case here - it was creamy and delicious - a perfect 10!

Related Posts by Categories

0 comments:

Post a Comment