Pages

Tuesday, May 24, 2016

ROASTED TOMATO PROSCIUTTO PASTA

I am currently trying to do the 5:2 diet - funnily enough I dont find it difficult to have two five-hundred calorie days a week, the problem is not going OTT on the normal days (especially at a weekend). Also I do not want Arabella growing up with weight issues (like I did) so the word diet is banned from the house and I still need cook and eat with her, without her knowing I am watching my calories. Slim pasta has become a life saver!!

Last night I cooked a delicious Fay Ripley pasta recipe which came to 256 calories and that included 15g Parmesan (I still need my cheese). Here is the recipe with proper pasta but if like me, you are watching your weight, just substitute the pasta for slim pasta (although it obviously wont taste as good)!!

Ingredients for 2 people:

250g tomatoes
4 garlic cloves, unpeeled
1 tbsp of olive oil
3 slices (45g) prosciutto
10g fresh basil leaves
150g dried pasta (penne or fusilli works well)


This recipe does take a little bit of time however it will make your house smell amazing and it tastes incredible.

Preheat the oven 180 C (fan) / 200 C / gas mark 6. 

Cut out the green core from the tomatoes and slice in half horizontally. Place them on a baking tray with the unpeeled garlic and drizzle with olive oil and season. Roast for 30 minutes.


Next lay the prosciutto on top of the tomatoes and roast for a further 15 minutes. While this is in the oven, start thinking about cooking the pasta according to the packet instructions.


Remove the prosciutto and set aside.

Squeeze out the roasted garlic flesh into a food processor and roughly mix with the basil and tomatoes.



Finally toss the pasta with the tomato, basil and garlic sauce and serve with broken bits of prosciutto (it is easiest to use your hands for this).

Garnish with some basil, sprinkle with Parmesan and tuck in.


This is delicious - really fresh and sweet at the same time - plus the roasted garlic smells incredible and so your house smells like a real Italian mamas house. This is definitely worth the time it takes and I think will be a regular fixture on my "2" days and maybe my "5" days too!!


Related Posts by Categories

0 comments:

Post a Comment