Pages

Monday, April 18, 2016

THE COLONY GRILL ROOM MAYFAIR

When The Colony Grill Room opened last year, it immediately went on my list of restaurants I wanted to visit. It is the latest venture from Corbin and King who run the very successful Wolseley and Delaunay restaurants. This time they have not only opened an American style old school grill restaurant, but it is also part of their first ever deluxe hotel.

The restaurant is wood panelled, low lit and very art deco - I loved it and felt like I had been transported to Manhattan. There were also plenty of smart booths to sit in, great if you are in a small group.

I have been drooling over the menu for over a year so knew exactly what I wanted. I had seen plenty of photos of the sundae menu on Instagram and it had my name all over it, I therefore decided to skip a starter so I wasnt too full. It was a shame though as I was very tempted by dressed crab and the tuna tartar. Instead I nibbled on the delicious warm breads.



There is plenty to choose from for mains ranging from Dover sole with Bearnaise sauce to Kennys meatloaf. I nearly had a burger but I decided to branch out and have a salt beef Reuben. This was delicious and packed full of salt beef, pickles, sauerkraut, cheese and thousand island dressing. I wolfed it down in a very unladylike way!



I then had a side of mac and cheese and this has to be the best mac and cheese I have ever had in a London restaurant. It was cheesy and creamy with a crumbly topping. I was gutted I had to share it as I could easily have eaten the whole lot myself!



Pascal nearly ordered a steak but decided to be different and went for a pork chop which he claimed was fantastic, not dry in the slightest and full of flavour.



We also had an iceberg and blue cheese wedge, which for me was the only weak point of the meal, I thought it was rather bitter however Pascal enjoyed it.



Both our mains came with fries and they were perfectly salty and crispy and even though we didnt need them, I could not stop eating them.



Then came the much anticipated sundae time. The pudding menu came with a sundae checklist - I went for a scoop of vanilla ice cream and one chocolate, chocolate flake, kids candy and honeycomb with a salted caramel sauce. WOW! This is what my dreams are made of, ingredients were plentiful, there was extra sauce on the side and it was the perfect combination. Best pudding ever.






Pascal had the cheese board which came with a cheddar, a Stilton and a goats cheese……it looked good, but I only had eyes for my sundae.



Service was impeccable, everything was presented beautifully and the restaurant had an elegant, classic ambiance. I adore this place, it is open all day from breakfast to dinner, I am thinking of moving in!!

The Colony Grill Room

The Beaumont,
8 Balderton Street,
Brown Hart Gardens,
London
W1K 6TF
Tel: 0207 499 9499

Square Meal
The Colony Grill Room - The Beaumont Hotel Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Related Posts by Categories

0 comments:

Post a Comment