Pages

Thursday, April 28, 2016

New Job and Recipes to Come

Hello my lovely readers!  Im so sorry that I have been a bit absent this week. This is week three at my new job and I am just starting to settle in from all of the excitement and newness of it. As a result, Ive been fairly mentally tried when I get home, so I have shied away from anything too complicated or innovative in the kitchen.

On Wednesday, Kevin and I had a fun evening with my parents when I made them a new dish I have been loving, but is not quite blog ready (at least picture-wise). All I will tell you is that it is an Indian dish with lots of greens and a spicy punch Mmm!  I also tried my hand at making homemade tahini. After lightly roasting the sesame seeds and blending them to heck in my food processor (unfortunately with a little bit of oil to help it along), I ended up with the perfect consistency of store bought tahini. The taste was not quite what I was hoping for though. I think I toasted the seeds for a little too long because the final tahini had a bit too much of a browned taste to it. I decided I could do better next time I tried by not roasting it for nearly as long and be able to make it without any oil. I will let you know how my next batch goes.

I am so determined to make homemade tahini, (1) because store bought is way too expensive, (2) I want to see exactly what goes into it (no salt or preservatives), and (3) a reader of mine requested that I recreate and nutritarian-ize Trader Joes Goddess Dressing that she enjoys. I got a bottle of this dressing last week to have a comparable and to be able to look at the ingredients list.  Tahini is the main ingredient for this dressing, but it also has quite a zing to it. Im planning on giving its recreation a shot this weekend and hope to have the recipe ready for a post next week.

Again, sorry I dont have any new recipes for you this week!  Hope everyone has a wonderful and healthy weekend!

Related Posts by Categories

0 comments:

Post a Comment