Pages

Friday, March 11, 2016

Week 3 diet

Week 3 is a Nutrient Boost Week and it is a little puzzling for me. That is the main reason I am coming to writing about it only in the end of the week.

I will start with the menu: first the oldies - the ones which were also available in week 1, then the new dishes too.

Power Juice - I have written about it before, and as before I am unfortunately ignoring it for now... As I dont have a juicer, and I cant be bothered going through a more difficult way of getting the juice (blend it and then squeeze through some cloth). I simply dont have time for that.

Gazpacho is as good as ever. I cant say I love it, but it is tolerable. Funny enough, I made it several times already, and every time it is a little different consistency. :)

Blueberry Applesauce - still love it in the mornings before work out.

Chocolate Pudding - I love it, but I decided not to have it this week, as almost every day I have one or another occasion at work (birthdays, meetings, special occasions) when we drink coffee with cookies and cake, so I have a little bit of that instead (but really like ONE Rafaello, or half a little piece of cake).

Turkey Spinach Crumble is one of the new things on the menu and involves turkey minced meat... A lot. Cooked with a very yummy herb combination... But all together it is basically turkey.

(Turkey crumble together with the veggie snack: I find it a bit difficult to eat meat/poultry on its own...)

Waldorf Salad - this I found the most strange. But may be it is because I could not - yet again - find chestnuts, so substituted them by blueberries... Cant say it worked out, as basically this salad has chicken breast, blueberries (chestnuts), red grapes and parsley... Strange and for me it is like sweet chicken. Hmmmm.

Chili is probably the yummiest and for me the most questionable item on the menu. Chili? Healthy? Well, there isnt any oils or salts... Mostly it is a LOT of ground beef, zucchinis, peppers, garlic. That is about it. Oh and lots of cumin. I actually do love it, but I feel somewhat guilty to eat this meaty meal. And again, it is a LOT of meat!
(In preparation...)

(Final result. Very very very yummi... And I love cumin, so it is a great dish. Though again, I would say not enough veggies.)

2 Veggie Snacks every day - a really yummy snack, but then I would consider anything containing celery and cucumbers yummy :)

So, as you can see the diet is very different from week 1, even though it is also a Nutrient Boost Week. But week 3 is definitely a nutrient boost week... When I started it, for me it was too much food. Honestly. I hit a 54 kilo mark and it didnt move for several day (until today - which is strange). I had no desire to force myself eat more than I could, so I naturally excluded some of the meals - sometimes no veggie snacks, one day now blueberry applesauce. I still try to keep as much as I can with the diet. But honestly 1 kg of turkey, 400 g of chicken and 1.5 kg of beef in one week is a little too much for me. I dont eat meat every day in my normal diet, not to mention several times a DAY! So, all in all, I am indeed a bit surprised, but what can I do? I am still sticking to it. But advice to all of you out there is to listen to your own body. This is a bit too much for me, but may be it is OK for you. Also, I found planning a little more meals in the morning is better than in the evening. So for instance I have all meat done with by 13-14:00 and then I only have veggies to consume. I still despite of the diet am losing weight... Well sort of.

I had a stable 54 kg for several days, then today I woke up with 52.2... I do NOT know what happened. Honestly. There were several things I did yesterday differently from the other days:

1. I tried to exclude blueberry applesauce, but have veggie snacks instead (I honestly dont think this had anything to do with the loss)
2. I ate all meat till about 14:00, then moved to gazpacho and veggies.
3. I have a glass (well, OK two...) of wine yesterday after I came back from work at 22-something.
4. I had a pineapple (a small one) yesterday before wine...

So, really I think may be the combination of things made me drop a lot in one day. I have no clue. But we will see how it stays up. I dont think it will, at least not this very moment. I think it will go up to 53 and stabilize there, and then again may be spike down...

All in all, week 3 diet is good, a lot of food, hence you wont be hungry! Thats for sure. I like the meat, but for me its a little too much. But in a way it is good not to have to deal with lots of purees again :)

PS Happy International (Post-Soviet) Womens Day! :)

Related Posts by Categories

0 comments:

Post a Comment