Pages

Thursday, March 10, 2016

Week 1 Shopping list

As I decided to do it all and follow the diet as well - at least in the beginning, and I need to organise myself, here is my shopping list for week 1. It does take some time to arrange this all (the list on Tracys community web-site helps, I just need to adjust it a little to me and the measuring system I am used to) but it is better than spend 3 hours in the supermarket trying to figure out how much of this and that you need - and actually NOT to forget anything.

I will try to update these every week - that is if I will stay with the diet. Will also keep you posted on how is the diet. So far, it seems quite a lot of food, so I have the hope that it is manageable. But seriously, in my calculations it makes almost 5 apples a day!!! Thats freaking a lot of apples!

See the list below....

So, week 1 is the Nutrient Boost week - supposed to be nutrient dense diet, good for cleansing, and you cant eat anything else. I also read that if the calories are not enough, you should try to make slightly bigger portions, rather than eating something else, and particularly - God forbid - sweets and bread. This week we have to eat every day each of these:

  1. Power Juice
  2. Blueberry Applesauce
  3. Sweet Potato Corn Pudding
  4. Carrot Parsnip Puree
  5. Gazpacho
  6. Veggie Protein Soup
  7. Chocolate Pudding
So, all together it is 7 small meals a day... This doesnt seem so bad. One problem though: most of the foods are practically liquids... or purees... So, it is definitely not going to be easy. I remember when I had my wisdom teeth taken out, it was quite bad and I had to eat purreed food for about 5 days. And to be honest, all I wanted was some crunchy carrots and celery - so in the end for me it was not so much about the unhealthy food, but about "crunchiness" and the consistency of the food that scares me... Anyway...



This is a shopping list for week 1 


I have adapted it to European (basically metric) measuring system. Some of the things you just have to get more - i.e. spices and vinegar, I also included salt in the list (as this is the full list of ALL necessary groceries for week 1) - but of course I already have it so "check" :) I am also going to buy some herb teas which I love and a bottle of (red dry - supposed to be the best) wine. Tracy recommends not to add any additional seasonings, oils, salt, etc. to her recipes. I will see how that will work for me, may be a little fresh - like garlic would not be so bad to add. Generally though I love fresh food, so hope it will be OK.

NB! I will update it after the shopping - to make sure the amounts are correct - and with a budget - a bit later.


Groceries - Tracy
Groceries - Germany
Substitute
How much you need for a week
Kale
Grünkohl

1 pack
Spinach
Gemüsespinat

1 pack
Beet
Rübe
Some other leaves
1 pack
Apples
Apfel

32 apples =~5kg(!!!)
Blueberry
Blaubeere

4 cups=800 g (0.8 kg)
Sweet potato
Süßkartoffel

4 potatoes
Fresh white corn
Weiß Maiz

4 cobs
Carrot
Karotte

8-10 carrots
Parsnip
Pastinake

4 parsnips
Roasted tomatoes

Fresh tomatoes or a mix of fresh and sun-dried
5.25 cups = 1 kg
Parsley
Petersilie

2 Bunches
Chive
Schittlauch

1 pack
Cilantro
Koriander

Bunch
Lemon
Zitrone

2 lemons
Red onion
Rote Zwiebel

1 onion
Bell peppers - mixed
Paprika gemischt

Related Posts by Categories

0 comments:

Post a Comment