Pages

Thursday, March 10, 2016

TUNA SWEETCORN QUESADILLAS

It is turning into a regular occurrence that I decide to cook something for supper but then it takes a lot longer than I was expecting and I try to do too many things at once - I need to learn to concentrate on one thing at a time! My phone is becoming my own worst enemy as I am constantly texting or speaking on it and ignoring the job in hand and this was certainly the case here. Anyway despite a few errors and a few forgotten ingredients this was a great mid week supper.

Ingredients for 4 people:

4 tortillas 
1 x quesadilla spice mix
200g cheddar cheese
1 x 198g can sweetcorn, drained
1 x 160g can tuna chunks in brine, drained
1 x red or yellow pepper, deseeded and chopped
2 tbsp oil

Guacamole and salsa to serve - you can buy this ready made or I prepared it myself:

Salsa
15 cherry tomatoes, cut into quarters
Salt and Pepper
1 tbsp olive oil

Guacamole
1 avocado, mashed
3 cherry tomatoes, quartered
Half a small red onion, chopped (I didnt have this)
A bunch of coriander, chopped (I didnt have this)
Juice of half a lime
Salt and Pepper



To start prepare the salsa and guacamole - basically just mix all the ingredients together in a bowl and season to taste. Set aside.





Heat the oil in a frying pan and cook the peppers for 2-3 minutes.


Add the sweetcorn and tuna, and sprinkle over the quesadilla spice mix and 100ml water. Then stir together.





Preheat the oven to a low heat, this is to keep the first quesadilla warm while you cook the second.

Brush a large frying pan with the oil.

Add a tortilla and spread with half the tuna and sweetcorn mixture, salsa and cheese. Then place another tortilla on top and press down slightly.






Cook for a few minutes on each side until the tortilla browns and the cheese melts. Flipping the tortilla is not an easy process, I used a plate and a fish slice and managed not to drop it….just! Definitely dont attempt this while on the phone!



Repeat the process with the remanding ingredients.

Finally serve with a dollop of guacamole and enjoy.



I do love a quesadilla and these were fantastic, I will definitely be making them again. Arabella apparently isnt such a fan however she did polish off her plate so they cant be too bad. If you are vegetarian you can swap the tuna for courgettes and aubergine and I might even substitute the tuna for prawns next time….watch this space!

Related Posts by Categories

0 comments:

Post a Comment