Pages

Tuesday, March 22, 2016

MALTESER TIFFEN

My kitchen is completely limited when it comes to gadgets - I dont even have a hand blender. Space is tight so I just make do with what I have, although there are times when I get super annoyed because I cant make a certain recipe….and its always the yummy chocolatey ones!!

I found this recipe on the Internet - chocolate, biscuits, maltesers and no blender or whisking or even cooking needed - woohoo!!

For around 12-16 squares (depending on how big they are):

200g milk chocolate
100g butter, soft and cubed
3 tbsp golden syrup
150g digestive biscuits, crushed
100g maltesers
300g white chocolate.


Grease a baking tray (around 8-10") and line it with greaseproof paper.


Melt the chocolate, butter and golden syrup over a low heat and stir until melted. I do this by putting the ingredients in a bowl in a saucepan of hot water.





It literally took about 5 minutes.

Leave the chocolate mixture to cool (I transferred it to a bigger bowl).

Crush the digestive biscuits.


Add them to the chocolate mixture and stir in.



Stir in the maltesers and then press into the baking tin and place into the fridge for 10 minutes. I took this time to really enjoy licking the spoon and bowl!


Melt the white chocolate over a low heat like previously.


Once melted allow to cool for a few minutes and then pour over the tiffin.



Then put it back in the fridge and leave to set (once again I used this opportunity to lick the spoon - I had forgotten how good white chocolate is).

Once it is set, cut into squares and tuck in…..although I am sure you do not need any encouragement.



WOW! This is unbelievable! All I can say is yum, yum, yum. So quick and so easy and both adult and kid friendly (Arabella was a huge fan). You can mix it up and use mini eggs or minstrels instead of maltesers or I was thinking I might even try jelly beans as well or even bits of crunchy, peanut butter cups….the possibilities are endless…..a great reason to make this recipe again and again!!

Related Posts by Categories

0 comments:

Post a Comment