Pages

Friday, March 11, 2016

Day 4 Week 2

I am happy that today is my Friday!  At my work we have every other Friday off as a company-wide initiative to save on energy and gas.  Yay for being environmentally friendly AND giving me some three day weekends :).  Since tomorrow is my day off and my mom is back in town, we are planning on spending the afternoon together and going to check out a spice store close by.  Im hoping to find some Indian spices I have been looking everywhere for!  Perhaps some new spices tomorrow will bring inspiration for a new recipe post.  But for now, on to my daily log...

Food Log:

  • Breakfast: 1/2 small watermelon
  • Lunch: whole wheat crackers, small cup of leftover chili, kale salad with cucumbers and ginger dressing
  • Dinner: thai tofu lettuce wraps, a bite or two of creme brulee
  • Extras: 1 beer, 1 Dr. Fuhrman brownie

Exercise Log: Be prepared to be proud of this blogger...
  • 20 minutes on the treadmill, jogging for one mile and walking the rest of the time
  • 5 minutes solid of ab workouts
  • legs and hip flexer workout
  • squats and lunges
  • 5 sets of 5 pushups

How I feel:  Im happy that I was finally able to get my booty to the gym!  Positive talking is where it was at!  Yesterday I said, I will go to the gym, and I did not let myself down.  In the end, I felt great for sweating out some of my thoughts and stresses, and it was nice to feel my muscles warm and working.  As for eating today, I feel like I did pretty well at sticking to it, even though I had dinner out with some girlfriends tonight.  In the past I maybe would have ordered a pasta or pizza from the restaurant we went to, but instead, I ordered an appetizer of lettuce wraps.  Not only did this keep my check costs down, it kept my portion of food at a reasonable level.  Although I could tell the food was way over-salted, I was happy to have so much lettuce to offset it with.  Overall, I feel like I need to get more fresh fruits in, but I am needing to go to the grocery store to stock up tomorrow.  Perhaps Ill take a walk over to a local fruit stand about a mile from our apartment.  Exercise and fresh fruit?  Doesnt get much better than that!

What is your motivation to get yourself to go to the gym?  Do you find it a chore?  How do you feel when you are done?

Related Posts by Categories

0 comments:

Post a Comment