Pages

Monday, February 15, 2016

Day 19 of Metamorphosis or how to rock the floor!!!

I found a secret to having fun during the workout. 

Till today I would wake up and a workout was always a challenge. I mean it is not easy, but the hardest thing for me was to motivate myself. Sometimes I would start the DC with gritted teeth, trying to smile through them, and mostly would get into a better mood by about 10th minute or so. But it was never that I actually enjoyed myself through and through and was looking forward to DC. In no way. MS went easier, as that was already part 2. And all this not because DC is boring. No. I love to dance, I enjoy the dance movements, I generally like music and when I hear music I feel like moving. You know, there are people who are more musical, and those who are more dance-type. Those who are more musical, when they hear a song they like they want to play and sing it; those who are more into dance, they want to express the music with their body. And I have always been the latter. So what was wrong with me in this thing? 

Well, I discovered, that music matters!!! I do NOT like techno music at all. For me its boring and I dont feel like moving when I hear it, more like falling asleep... So hey, no wonder I didnt much enjoy the DC - I am first and foremost not into that type of music. I would for instance never dance to that if I had a choice. So today I just didnt want to turn off the music I already had on. And I thought "Hey, why should I turn it off??!!" So I muted Tracy (sorry :D) and turned up my playlist of hot and spicy hits by Katy Perry. Common, it is so much more fun - now that I more or less know the moves - to rock to "I kissed a girl" and "Teenage dream" and "California girls"!!! I was shocked. Half hour was up in no time, I havent even noticed it!!! I was rocking it, doing all those sexy hip-moves (well, I dont see myself, so they are sexy for me only, otherwise they are probably pretty ridiculous :D), singing along... And then Tracy stopped dancing, but I had a rocking song on, so I continued dancing and jumping around for 5 more minutes or so. It was the first time EVER I did more than the 30 minutes of cardio, and actually felt like it, and was enjoying myself (opposite from "Thank god, I am done!") And I have to say, I stopped only because I didnt have so much time for training, and really wanted to fit MS right after before I go to the office. I did MS after 2 minute breather, and boy was I sweating throughout that wonderful hour of workout!!

So, hey, Katy Perry is the answer! :D 

Well, Im kidding (somewhat), but in each joke there is always some truth. I am a kinda hip-hop, pop dancing type, so this worked for me. The main thing I learnt - put up your own music - almost from the start. As soon as you already know the movements and dont need Tracys advice, just mute it all - and enjoy to the music you love to dance to, that makes your body move without any effort and hit the floor like you are clubbing or on stage. Think about the craziest night you had dancing out and enjoyed yourself enormously, and get that type of music. Cos that is what Tracy wants from you - ROCK IT! Find what works for you, and enjoy it!

Oh and I only today realised that I am nearly done with level 2. I havent even noticed it. To be very honest, I cant see as much difference as I have seen in level 1, but I will still get the updates for the level. One more workout of level 2 and I am moving to level 3!!! WOW!

Related Posts by Categories

0 comments:

Post a Comment